Posted on: September 18, 2020 • Category: Education, Childcare
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children
- Read, write, understand, and speak English to communicate with children and their parents in English
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and build a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Must possess active Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential and meet NAEYC candidacy requirements (or willing to acquire)
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to acquire
- 1+ year Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
- Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Our Teachers are committed to making their center successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
As an Assistant Teacher, you will:
- Implement KCE’s curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Build a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner and connect with parents to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support your center’s success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Childcare benefit
- Paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement