Posted on: August 21, 2020 • Category: Manufacturing
Assembler - 1st shift
CPC Colder Products
Required Job Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Good hand/eye coordination and dexterity.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with external and internal personnel at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately assemble parts using written work instructions, specifications, and assembly prints.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to lift up to thirty five (35) pounds and transport material, product, or tooling around the assembly area.
• Ability to rotate between all assigned assembly duties.
• The ability to set up and operate machines in assembly per instructions.
• Must maintain acceptable attendance, assembly rates, and working relationships.
• The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to thirty five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Performs repetitive operations as specified on Production Orders and explained in Work Instructions, Procedures, and Assembly Prints. Follows and completes required documentation of work performed under general supervision.
• Sets up machines in assembly.
• Operates machines and equipment in the assembly area.
• Performs visual verification and testing of product according to provided instructions.
• Assures all parts are completed within the standards provided.
o Informs Assembly Lead of any discrepancies in part quality.
• Notifies Assembly Lead of issues concerning worker or equipment safety.
• Completes all tasks within ISO guidelines.
• Performs basic SAP data entry tasks.
• Performs operations in a standing or sitting position.
• Lifts and transports parts between work stations.
• Responsible for general housekeeping and organization in assigned area.
• Demonstrates support of CPC core values.
• Adheres to all safety regulations.
• Performs other job duties and/or projects to meet business needs.
This position assembles small parts to form complete units or subassemblies at a bench or cell unit following established procedures in a manufacturing environment.