Posted on: September 20, 2020 • Category: Customer Service
Customer Service Representative
- 3+ years related customer service or supply chain experience preferably in high volume, fast-paced environment – manufacturing and/or distribution customer service experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or a related field strongly preferred
- Demonstration of active listening, high attention to detail, and strong problem-solving skills
- Robust MS Office experience required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task under various time constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of external and internal customers – both written and verbally
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a unified team
- Prior ERP experience required
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Representative to join our team at corporate headquarters in Roseville, MN. The Customer Service Representative will build relationships with our customers through processing orders and answering requests. The CSR will process orders in JD Edwards that are received through a variety of methods including phone, email and EDI. They will work with internal teams as needed to ensure orders are completed accurately and timely. The CSR needs to demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellent customer service and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently while being part of a cohesive team. The CSR will demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and be able to make decisions autonomously within the policies of the department.
- Effectively manage incoming calls, emails, and faxes to process customer orders, returns and other requests in a timely manner
- Anticipate customer needs and give a high priority to customer satisfaction
- Partner with sales, purchasing, planning, transportation and operations to fulfill customer needs
- Respond to customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and potential alternatives within policies of the company and follow up to ensure resolution satisfies customer needs
- Work within internal quality systems to investigate and process corrective actions
- Support an environment of continuous improvement
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues in and work with internal teams to resolve in a timely and effective manner
- Other duties as assigned