Posted on: September 20, 2020 • Category: Sales
Account Manager - Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- chelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of business-to-business sales experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Industrial & Production Technology field
- Ability to define a project and manage to deadlines
- Familiarity with FDA and GMP regulations pertaining to drug and biotechnology manufacturing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and previous ERP or CRM experience
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to travel 25 to 50% as needed
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins Pharmaceutical is a leading manufacturer, repackager, and distributor of GMP production chemicals and raw ingredients with expertise and focus in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and diagnostic markets. The Account Manager is responsible for sales activities for our pharmaceutical group, from lead generation through close, in an assigned territory. They will work towards the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company business strategy.
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers.
- Manage existing accounts to maintain current business and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Consult with customers to determine their needs and requirements, and make recommendations for products.
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment.
- Work in conjunction with sales management team to provide proposals and implement sales strategies to achieve sales growth.
- Develop creative solutions to solve and respond to customer requests and inquiries.
- Manage projects with internal departments and customers.
- Build strong relationships with internal support groups.
- Monitor industry trends and react as needed to stay competitive and meet customer needs.