Posted on: September 20, 2020 • Category: Sales
Account Manager/Sales - Surface Finishing Group
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Chemistry, and Chemical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong personal skills needed to interact with all departments within company.
- Ability to identify key clients within accounts to further the selling cycle.
- Understand core strengths and identify appropriate opportunities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Understand organizational strengths.
- Ability to gain supplier and customer's trust.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Desire to WIN!, competitive in nature.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals, reagent grade laboratory chemicals, and other specialty ingredients sold to municipalities and a wide variety of industries. Founded in 1938 and headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota with 41 facilities in 19 states, Hawkins creates value for its customers through superb customer service and support, quality products and personalized applications.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be responsible for managing current accounts while developing new prospects to increase sales and profits. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving sales growth efforts achieved through product/customer knowledge and identifying opportunities to grow current product lines as well as adding new product lines.
- Answers inquiries and close new accounts.
- Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information trends to identify new sales opportunities.
- Complete monthly reports and markets summary for territory.
- Keep Industrial manager informed of competitive developments in territory.
- Keep Industrial manager informed of new sales.
- Perform customer needs assessments to cultivate additional business.
- Provide product information to internal customers.
- Provide technical support for customers.
- Research and source potential customers using various resources including phone, internet, professional networking, etc.
- Update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Work closely with Operations and the Technical & New Product Development team.